Stay Updated With TBG
Early August ChecklistAugust 08, 2013
- Apply supplemental water to the garden if there has not been an inch of rain in the previous week. Remember: plants in hanging baskets dry out faster than plants in the ground.
- Fertilize roses for the last time this year.
- Sow seeds of biennials, such as Canterbury bells and foxglove.
- Cut down raspberry canes that produced fruit earlier this summer.
- Allow a few green peppers to turn red before harvesting.
- Ripen tomatoes on the vine, not the windowsill.
- Take cuttings of begonias, coleus, and impatiens for winter houseplants.
- Cut gladioli spikes with as few leaves as possible.
- Dig, divide, and move daylilies after they have completed their bloom.
- Harvest tomatoes when their color is fully developed.
- Plant collards, kale, and turnips for the fall garden.
- Control weeds before they go to seed.
- Share the bounty of your garden with those in need of food.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked