Stay Updated With TBG
Artists Village UpgradesAugust 16, 2013
Artist Village Walkway Replacement, Drainage Improvements and Handicap Accessibility Initiative
Beginning the week of August 19, Toledo Botanical Garden will upgrade its Artists Village hardscape. This project will improve the entire village, resulting in a much safer walkway system, proper ADA access to all village buildings and reduction of storm water run-off.
Every attempt will be made to minimize disruptions, but we wish to inform visitors of the work schedule, which is subject to weather and contractor availability. If you have additional questions, please call TBG at 419.536.5566.
– Project Begins in earnest on Monday, August 19 and will be complete by the end of September.
– August 15-20: Removal of the maple and elm trees at Seasons Gift Shop and Pottery Building. (No parking on north side of lot. Access Village from the north)
– August 16-23: Grading for Rain Garden in Village Green and replacement of sewer between Photo Arts Club and Seasons Gift Shop.
– August 19: Removal of steps/landings at all buildings on west and north side of village.
– August 19-23: Removal of existing brick pavers on north, west and east side of village.
– Parking on north side of lot will be limited due to equipment, dumpsters. (Access to village will not be available.)
– August 26-28: Installation of new concrete walkways on north and west side of village. (No access to west side of village.)
– August 26-28: Removal of the east/west brick walkway, benches, timber planters. (No east west travel. Faerie Garden displays should be temporarily removed before this.)
– August 29-30: New concrete curbs for new east west permeable pavers.
– September 3-6: Removal of timber wall at Volunteer Center and pavers at Admin Building. (Side access to Admin Building only.)
– September 3-6: Pour east half of concrete walks. (Enter from north. No parking east half of lot.)
– September 6-12: Construction of new ADA ramps, steps on west half of village.
– September 13-20: Installation of new permeable pavers on east west walk and Admin Building.go back
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked