Stay Updated With TBG
Late July Gardening ChecklistJuly 23, 2013
- Keep annuals blooming by removing spent blossoms.
- Prune suckers and water sprouts from apple trees.
- Enjoy local peaches.
- Plant Chinese cabbage, endive, snap beans, kohlrabi, lettuce and radish for fall harvest.
- Cut back mints, oregano, and savory to promote bushy growth.
- Harvest summer squash when they are young and tender.
- Blanch celery a week before harvesting by wrapping stalks with paper.
- Change your mowing pattern weekly.
- Inspect your garden daily.
Courtesy of The OSU Extension Office.go back
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked