Toledo Grown CSA Shares
Toledo Botanical Garden’s Toledo GROWs program announces an exciting local food opportunity—the Toledo Grown Food Hub.
Local urban farmers sell produce to the food hub which, in turn, sells it to local buyers. Support your local growers and the Toledo GROWs program by purchasing a Toledo Grown CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share!
- Receive weekly share of quality, fresh farm products
- Choose between a full share (portioned for a family of 3-4 for the week) or a half share (portioned for 1 or 2)
- Support local farmers using sustainable growing methods—no harmful chemicals
- Receive a variety of vegetables and herbs, including many “staples” such as carrots, lettuce, peppers, onions, etc.—whatever is ready that week
- Experience new vegetables and receive recipes and tips on cooking them
- Visit the farm where your food is grown
- Receive payment early in the season which helps farmer’s cash flow
- Get to know the people who will eat his/her food
- Introduce customers to new vegetables and ways to prepare them
>> Download flyer to learn about shares options, dates, and costs
>> Download Registration Form to sign up
For more information, contact Sr. Rita, email@example.com or 419.720.8714.